Non chlorinated surface cleaning agents for safe removal of dirt, oil, grease
and other contaminants
Clarea® HC62 is an aliphatic hydrocarbon based low odour degreasing solvent with a flash point over 60C. It will remove oils, greases, hydraulic fluids cutting fluids and a wide variety of hydrocarbon based protective coatings. It is suitable in ultrasonic systems and can be used as dip, brush or in hand-wipe process.
Clarea® HC62 is compatible with all metals and many plastics and other composite materials.
• To reduce solvent losses keep containers closed.
• Dip tanks should have a suitable close fitting lid which should be closed when not in operation.
• Stubborn soils can be worked with a brush.
• If using with ultra-sonics set frequency to 25kHz and ensure temperature does not exceed 40°C (optimum).
• Excess solvent can be removed with cloth.
• Allow components to air dry in ventilated area.
• Blowing air over the components will aid drying.
Suitable equipment which can be used with Clarea® HC62 is shown here.
Technical data sheets can be found in our library documents section here.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Clarea® HC62 is a non-carcinogenic solvent mixture that is safe to use in many applications and is a not classified as flammable. Enviro Tech recommends that safe work practices are implemented whenever handling chemicals of any kind to minimise exposure levels and prevent toxic effects.
Please refer to the Clarea® HC62 Material Safety Data Sheet available on request at here for more specific information on workplace exposure levels, toxicity and personal safety recommendations.
Clarea® HC62 is classified as non-hazardous for transport. Clarea® HC62 has been shown to neither deplete the ozone layer nor contribute significantly to global warming.